Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Antelope Island

My amazing husband took me out to Antelope Island this last weekend. We saw some incredible wildlife, from Antelope to Seagulls. Here are a few of the creatures I was able to capture.


We spotted this buck on the salt flats just off of Antelope Island. He looked like a giant log. After marching through tall grass and marsh, we discovered the true identity of this master of disguise!


Hans' brother kept commenting on how much the beach on the backside of the Island looked like the Ocean. I have to agree.


LOOK AT THEIR BLUE LEGS! Either that's their natural color or the water was freezing... I think the latter...


These Buffalo were everywhere, and they were monstrous.  I couldn't get enough photos of them!


MON•


STER•


US!


This is when the Buck first noticed us.


This is about when we knew: "This is no ordinary Log... HEY! That's not a log at all!! THAT'S A BUCK!!"



Shortly before finding the buck, we found this doe meandering through the grassy fields of the Island.


She wasn't very photogenic... She ran as soon as she saw I had a camera.


Pretty cool Buffalo, eh?


GET OUT OF THE WATER! YOUR LEGS ARE TURNING BLUE!!!


And, here's another picture of the buck.


Like I said, even the Seagulls were incredible.


We all had different theories as to why this doe would be swimming around in the salt water. Hans' brother assumed she was going to the bathroom, Hans thought she was trying to exfoliate her fur, my niece assumed she was fishing... but, I'm sure she was just cooling off due to the ridiculous heat. 90 DEGREES PEOPLE! 90 FREAKING DEGREES!


And one more of the buck. He made for some phenomenal pictures! Thank you, Buckaroo!

No comments:

Post a Comment